Australia Education & Student Visa Consultant

Are you looking for Australia Overseas Education Consultant & Student Visa Consultant? Australia is known globally as one of the world’s most diverse and welcoming countries.

Of Australia’s 24 million population, almost half (47%) of all Australians were either born overseas or have one parent born overseas, with more than 260 languages spoken in Australian homes. In addition to English, the most common are Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese, and Greek.

Australia is the biggest island in the world, the sixth biggest country in the world in land area, and the only nation to govern an entire continent. There are more than 500 national parks and more than 2,700 conservation areas, ranging from wildlife sanctuaries to Aboriginal reserves.

There are also 20 UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the Great Barrier Reef, Kakadu National Park, Lord Howe Island Group, Tasmanian Wilderness, Fraser Island and the Sydney Opera House.

Many people around the world know Australia for being a beautiful country but we also enjoy world-class quality of living, with six of our cities in the top 40 cities in the world. Our education system is among the world’s best with safe, friendly communities from coast to coast.

Experience a cutting edge Australian education and get ready for a world of learning and career opportunities in a safe, welcoming environment.


The country has 24.5 million people with few world leaders in education. Australia is soon expected to take over the UK as the world’s second most popular study destination, just behind the US, according to the University College of London’s Centre for Global Higher Education.


That’s an 11% increase in international student numbers from 2017. High-quality education, easy access to student support services, multicultural society and fantastic lifestyle make Australia an attractive study destination.


Australian education institutions may be relatively young compared with universities such as the UK’s Oxford or the US’s Harvard but they are up there with the best. The University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales and Monash University were all ranked in the top 100 universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.


Australia has an outstanding higher education system. With over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions, our system is ranked 8th in the Universities, higher than France, Germany, Norway and Japan.


The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need will vary depending on the level of course you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website carefully and contact them if you need any advice or assistance.Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for different levels of study:

English language courses: Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language skills required for the course.

Colleges: Entry requirements vary between Colleges, depending on the state or territory. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.

Vocational education and training (VET): In most cases, there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may require you to have studied specific subjects or completed work experience.

Higher education undergraduate courses: You will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subjects.

Higher education postgraduate course: You must have completed at least one degree at undergraduate level. The institution may also consider your research ability or relevant work experience.


The student visa you need depends on your course. Here are some typical requirements:

  • Receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) certificate.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
  • Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
  • Demonstrate English language proficiency.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover.
  • If you’re interested in studying abroad in AUSTRALIA, you can contact us at EDI Global Education today. Our EDI specialists can help you enroll at one of the many prestigious universities in AUSTRALIA.


Above information are provided for general guideline only and always vary depends on educational institute and government policies and may not contains updated information at the time of any reader reviews. We strongly advise to follow government official website and approved sources to get latest information. Alternatively please contact us at our any of the EDI Global office or by below email to find out latest and updated information.

Contact us to know further for your Australia student enrolment and visa process

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Australia the best option?

Over the last three decades Australia has developed into one of the world’s leading international study destinations with highly regarded schools, vocational education and training and higher education institutions.
International students educated in Australia demonstrate similar employment outcomes to their Australian counterparts. 73 percent of higher education graduates who remained living in Australia were employed, and 81 percent who had left Australia were employed, most in an area related to their field of study.
Australia’s population is 24 million people and is an English speaking country with a high quality of education and lifestyle. Australia is safe and multicultural and the climate is very pleasant. The qualifications obtained in Australia are highly regarded all around the world.
Students can work with a student visa; minimum salaries are high and the unemployment rate is low. Students can take their partners and children under the age of 18 to Australia with them.

What I can study in Australia?

We can help you to choose the best possible option tailor made to your needs. We will consider your budget, the time you want to be in Australia, your background and interest and finally your future plan and the outcome you are expecting.
You can choose from a wide range of english programs with very flexible start dates and reasonable prices and more than 300 technical courses with durations from 3 months up to 2 years.
You will have a comprehensive selection of university degrees from Bachelor degree all the way to PhD. Let our experienced team members be your personal guide in this journey.

What are the Cost of Studies?

The cost of studies is different based on city, course and institute. Below is an estimated guideline:

English from 100 to 2000 per Week
Technical from 5000 to 20, 000 AUD per year
University from 18,000 to 35,000 AUD per year

What are the Annual living costs

Below are living costs per year estimated by the Australian government :
Student: 20,290 AUD per year
Partner: 7,100 AUD per year
Children (under 18 years old): 3,040 AUD per year

However please note that this is only an estimation and you are able to live on a lower budget if you share accommodation and be careful with your expenditure.

How much do I need to pay before I go to Australia? How much is the initial payment?

1. Visa fees (Please check official Australian immigration website for latest info) Below information may not be updated to current.

Student: 650.00 AUD
Partner: 430.00 AUD
Children under 18 years old: 140.00 AUD

2. Medical insurance (OSHC)

You need to pay for Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of your visa:

Student: $900 to 1500 AUD
Student plus partner: 2700 AUD
Family cover: 4000 AUD

3. The course

If you are enrolled in only one course you need to pay only for the first six months of your studies but if you are enrolled in more than one course for example English + technical course then you need to pay for the first course (up to 6 months) and the same for the second (payment maximum of 6 months)
E.g. If you are studying six months of English you will pay the visa fee + tuition fees for 6 months + Health Insurance for the duration of the visa. The minimum will start from 5000 AUD

E.g. If you are studying 12 months of English you will pay the visa fee + initial payment of tuition fees for 6 months + Health Insurance for the duration of the visa. The minimum will start from 5500 AUD

E.g. If you are studying six months of English plus a one year technical course you will pay the visa fee + payment of tuition fees for 6 months + upto 6 months of tuition fee towards technical degree + Health Insurance for the duration of the visa. The minimum will start from 8500 AUD ~5300 Euros

Please explain about Right to work

Student right to work
You are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is out of session.

If you have started your research masters or doctoral degree in Australia, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work.

Family of the student (spouse) right to work

Your spouse / partner can work up to 40 hours per fortnight at all times unless the primary visa holder has started a course towards a masters or doctoral degree and holds a student visa (subclass 500). In this case there is no limit on the number of hours a family member might work.

What is a fortnight?

A fortnight is a period of 14 days commencing on any Monday and ending on the second following Sunday.
How much is the minimum salary in Australia ?
Fair work Australia has set the national minimum wage currently at $18.93 per hour or $719.20 per 38 hour week (before tax).

How long is the duration of my Student visa?

The duration of the visa depends on the duration of course so:

If the duration of your course is 10 months or longer and finishing at the end of the Australian academic year (November–December), your visa will usually be granted until March 15 of the following year.

If the duration of your course is 10 months or longer (finishing January–October, your visa will usually be granted for two months longer than the duration of your course.

If the duration of your course is less than 10 months, your visa will usually be granted for one month longer than the duration of your course.

Postgraduate research students are granted an additional six months past the maximum period as per the table above. This is to allow for interactive thesis marking.
For example, a postgraduate research student undertaking a course of more than 10 months duration finishing in November–December will be granted a visa that ends on 15 September (an additional 6 months from 15 March) of the year following course completion.

How long is the visa processing time?

Visa processing time depends on different variables: your nationality, the course you are applying for and the immigration work load.
For example student visas for our students from Chile, Malaysia and Spain are processed faster compared to the Middle East.

Who can come to Australia with me?

If the student is under the age of 18 either one of the parents or an approved legal guardian can join the student in Australia under a guardian visa.
Married students above the age of 18 can include their spouse and children under the age of 18.